736K self-insured Florida residents to get rebate

The Florida Department of Health and Human services announced that health insurers will pay $124 million to about 1.3 million Florida self-insured residents. The amount may vary but the average is about $168 rebate per household.

This rebate is part of President Obama’s 80/20 rule in his Affordable Care Act. This health care reform requires insurance companies to spend at least 80% of consumer’s premium dollars directly on patients, medical care, and quality improvement. The other 20% should be allocated for administrative and operating cost such as salaries, sales, and marketing.

Insurance companies who do not meet the 80/20 rule must send rebates to their policyholders not later than August 1 this year. It has been reported that about a third of the insurance companies have not met the 80/20 standards.

On a national level, health care insurers will refund about $1.1 billion to 12.8 million people.

The Health and Human Services noted that some insurance companies spent as little as 60% of premium dollars on consumers, during which, these companies saw record profits while policyholders only saw record premiums.

There is no qualification or application needed. Residents who maintain a personal health insurance policy and deserve a rebate will either receive a check in the mail or credit will be reflected on their next insurance bill.

Other Articles to Read:

My Gainesville Home Need Repairs, Can I still Short Sale?

Gainesville Residents are Not Scared by the Housing Crisis

Possible Outcomes If your Short Sale Approved

When Can you Own a Home Again After Foreclosure?

Call Stephanie Anson today at 352-260-0153 for a confidential phone interview regarding your options.

Please seek legal advice. This information is for informational purposes only.


Contact Stephanie Anson, CLHMS, CDPE, SFR, Realtor®, Anson Properties LLC. Licensed Realtors® in Florida at 352-260-0153 to list your property for sale or to purchase a property in Gainesville, Archer, Alachua, High Springs, Waldo, Keystone Heights, Hawthorne, Melrose, Cross Creek, LaCrosse, Williston, Earlton, Ocala, Micanopy, Newberry, Kanapaha, Haile Plantation, Duck Pond and the rest of Alachua County Florida, Orange County Florida and Seminole County Florida. We are accepting referrals. Gainesville Short Sale Agents

  

Stephanie Anson
 

When choosing a Gainesville, FL short sale agent, Stephanie Anson understands how avoiding foreclosure impacts you and your family’s life as well as those around you. Stephanie Anson is a respected member of the local business community and knows what it takes to prevail. She is one of the most dedicated and committed Gainesville, FL short sale agents. Her experience and emphasis on customer service and satisfaction along with her technological background has been a driving force throughout her real estate career. From the time Stephanie served in the US Navy to now, she takes the time to get to know each of her clients, associates, and industry professionals and forms lifelong relationships with them.

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below 0 comments