Gainesville Short Sales – Know Your Options
Gainesville Short Sales – Know Your Options To save your home from being foreclosed, Short Sale Agents in Gainesville provide you with options. Review these options to know if they apply to your situation.
1. You may apply for the federal HARP program to know if you are eligible and to your lender’s preferred loan modification program. To know if there are any state programs available to you, go to this federal site. Also, you may apply to the Home Save program under the NACA.
2. You may try getting a second job. This will help greatly in saving your home although it is not often practiced since most people can’t even find a first job in this market. But for some who can, you should grab the opportunity.
3. You should cancel/pay off your credit card debt. Your credit card debt could be a big factor why you couldn’t afford your home. It’s time for you to consider getting heads on with your credit card debt. You may contact your creditors to make a settlement on your debt. You may also offer a lump sum payment, perhaps 50% lower than your balance. Although this will have tax and credit history consequences but it could be one of your best options in saving your home from being foreclosed.
4. You may start a small home business.
5. You may consider renting a room. Try advertising in Craigslist or Trulia for long term rental periods. Check on higher rental rates you can get by renting out your room to individuals who only need short term leases. This is a good option to raise funds quickly.
6. You may short-sell your home. On an average in Gainesville Florida, it takes 684 days for banks to foreclose on and repossess a home. You may have a chance to wait for a loan modification and do a short sale and be eligible for the Mortgage Debt Relief Act that is an income tax exemption which will expire on Dec. 31, 2012. In order to short sale you will first need to list your home for sale with an expert Short Sale Agent in Gainesville.
7. You should work with professionals such as expert real estate agents in Gainesville, Real Estate attorneys, CPA firms or expert certified public accountants if you are trying to apply for a short sale or loan modification. These professionals will provide options available to you.
The downturn in the housing market is now being perceived as the norm and many homeowners are getting pessimistic about their mortgages. Short Sale Agents in Gainesville encourage you not to give up. Your options in avoiding foreclosure are not limited.
Other Articles to Read:
Call Stephanie Anson today at 352-260-0153 for a confidential phone interview regarding your options.
Please seek legal advice. This information is for informational purposes only.
Contact Stephanie Anson, CLHMS, CDPE, SFR, Realtor®, Anson Properties LLC. Licensed Realtors® in Florida at 352-260-0153 to list your property for sale or to purchase a property in Gainesville, Archer, Alachua, High Springs, Waldo, Keystone Heights, Hawthorne, Melrose, Cross Creek, LaCrosse, Williston, Earlton, Ocala, Micanopy, Newberry, Kanapaha, Haile Plantation, Duck Pond and the rest of Alachua County Florida, Orange County Florida and Seminole County Florida. We are accepting referrals.